LCD screens, standing for liquid crystal display, can improve all aspects of computing and viewing content, both in the home and in public. The main benefit of LCD screens in public advertising is that it can reach a wider audience, it is more likely to catch people’s eyes with moving digital designs rather than traditional poster style paper billboards. You may see LCD advertising screens in city centers, warehouse signage, and bus stops etc. These can be in many different locations and cities, but accessed and updated from one control center.
LCD screens in the home can improve your entertainment and recreational activities a great deal. By having a high resolution screen at home you can;
- increase the quality of the video games you play
- watch films, television and sport in high definition
- have the latest technology at your fingertips if you work from home
- LCD screens have the latest technology such as touchscreens and curved screens
If you are thinking of investing in an LCD screen and need a little help choosing, we have put together a list of some of our favorites on the market at the minute;
- Acer Predator X34 – Perfect for gaming with a 34-inch screen, ultra-wide 21:9 accuracy ratio and perfect colour precision.
- BenQ BL2710PT – Marketed at CAD and CAM experts and professionals, this monitor is reasonably priced and features include a flicker free background.
- LG Ultrawide 34UC97 – A great all-rounder that is good for games, movies and work. Featuring a curved screen and spectacular contrast and colour reproduction.
- Philips Brilliance BDM3490UC – 34-inch screen with a 21:9 curved display, this screen is perfect to watch movies on and work from home.
- Philips 258B6QJEB – If you are looking for a 25-inch screen that is compact enough to fit neatly onto your desk but with great image quality, this very reasonably priced Philips is the one for you!
- Samsung UD970 – With its 31.5 screen, colour accuracy and its ability to rotate between landscape and portrait, this Samsung LCD screen is ideal for digital designers and videographers.
- Acer S27HK – A 27-inch screen with a bezel-less design, this Acer makes for a pretty visually appealing addition to your desktop. Also a great appendage to a multi-screen set up.
- Viewsonic VP2772 – A good value, no nonsense, hassle free monitor with great picture quality, and a 27-inch bezel-less screen design. The bread and butter of LCD screens!
- Dell Ultrasharp UP2414Q – In the world of LCD desktop screens, this Dell is advanced in terms of operating systems and GPU and the price reflects this, however the screen size comes in pretty small at just 24-inches.
- BenQ BL242OU – Marketed for business rather than pleasure, this compact 24-inch screen has an incredibly sharp picture and an energy saving feature.