If you should ever find yourself walking in the dark, be it to take the dog for a walk, to get some exercise, or simply because you left your destination a little later than planned, taking the most responsible precaution for your safety is of paramount importance.
In many areas, street lights are built using IIOT and specialist technology so that they may adapt to weather conditions and lighting. By walking in built up areas with regularly placed street lighting you, you are more likely to not only feel safer, but also be seen by other people.
In addition to taking routes that you know are frequented by other people, as well as decorated with houses and pedestrianised roads, wearing the appropriate clothing for the weather conditions is also of paramount importance for your safety. If you are walking in the dark, you will want to consider wearing reflective clothing that is warm enough for the weather conditions you will be walking in. Reflective clothing not only helps you be spotted by other pedestrians, it also provides motorists with a better chance of seeing you, should you need to cross a road, or even hail for help. Further to this, reflective clothing is often made specifically for outdoor use, and therefore commonly made of thermal material that will keep you warm enough when travelling during the cooler months.
Although walking in the dark can often not be helped, it is always advisable to take appropriate precautions. By investing in “mini” products that are small enough to fit inside a handbag, or large pockets, you can ensure you have these essential items whenever necessary. Flash lights and rain coats are just some of the products that can fold up to fit inside small pockets, and are consequently light enough in weight to be carried on long distance travels.
Many of the technologies we use and walk passed each and every day use IIOT, and it is such technology that improves the efficiency of our day to day tasks, as well as the safety of them.
Air dryers are used for combatting water issues within pneumatic systems. Pneumatic systems can include asco roundline cylinders. Water issues occur when compressors draw in ambient air, which will always contain a percentage of water vapour.
In a pneumatic system, the air is transported from the compressor to an aftercooler which lowers the temperature of the air.
This process causes condensation and there are options are available to remove some water such as coalescing filters. However, if a pneumatic circuit requires extra treatment, air dryers are essential. This is because liquid water in pneumatic systems will create problems such as bacteria growth and corrosion, which can lead to lethargic controls or component breakdowns.
Different types of air dryer can include;
Refrigerated Air dryers
Refrigerated air dryers remove water from pneumatic circuits by reducing the compressed-air temperature and therefore causing condensation. The liquid is then collected by an internal separator and it is sent to a drain.
Desiccant air dryers
Desiccant air dryers work by adsorbing excess moisture from the air flow onto a dehydrated material in a shifting process. These air dryers are ideal for below freezing conditions, or when procedure requires particularly dry air. Desiccant air dryers can come in both heated and heatless options.
Membrane air dryers
Membrane air dryers rely on a specially engineered permeable membrane, and with the help of pressure differences inside the dryer, molecules of water vapour in the air can pass through the tiny holes in the membrane; larger nitrogen and oxygen molecules cannot.
Pneumatics are found within a wide variety of systems and use the energy stored in compressed air to carry out work. Pneumatic components can be found in circuits and utilise symbols to aid individuals in identifying each separate system piece. When working with pneumatic systems it is important that each symbol is understood by the individual, helping to avoid accidents, and ensure that the system works at its most efficient.
There are several sectors of business that use pneumatics within vital pieces of manufacturing equipment. Consequently, there are multiple types of cylinders and valves to support such diverse machinery.
Single-acting cylinders with a three port valve use the compressed air stored to push a piston out, whilst a spring is used to push it back in again, forming a continuous cycle of movement. A single acing cylinder is commonly controlled by a simple switch type component which governs air flow, named a three port valve.
Individuals will find that certain types of machinery require double-acting cylinders which are controlled by five port valves. When using machinery that requires pneumatic components, it is important to ensure you have a fully operational control valve in place, should you ever need to slow down the exhaust air.
Further to this, certain pneumatically operated systems include time delay circuit equipment. As the name suggests, time delay equipment provides a pause between the operation of a valve and the action of a piston. In order to generate such a calculated break between the action and movement of a piece of machinery, a unidirectional-flow control valve needs to be connected to a reservoir where air will slowly build, causing the pressure inside to rise until it reaches a certain limit that will eventually cause the valve to operate.
LCD screens, standing for liquid crystal display, can improve all aspects of computing and viewing content, both in the home and in public. The main benefit of LCD screens in public advertising is that it can reach a wider audience, it is more likely to catch people’s eyes with moving digital designs rather than traditional poster style paper billboards. You may see LCD advertising screens in city centers, warehouse signage, and bus stops etc. These can be in many different locations and cities, but accessed and updated from one control center.
LCD screens in the home can improve your entertainment and recreational activities a great deal. By having a high resolution screen at home you can;
- increase the quality of the video games you play
- watch films, television and sport in high definition
- have the latest technology at your fingertips if you work from home
- LCD screens have the latest technology such as touchscreens and curved screens
If you are thinking of investing in an LCD screen and need a little help choosing, we have put together a list of some of our favorites on the market at the minute;
- Acer Predator X34 – Perfect for gaming with a 34-inch screen, ultra-wide 21:9 accuracy ratio and perfect colour precision.
- BenQ BL2710PT – Marketed at CAD and CAM experts and professionals, this monitor is reasonably priced and features include a flicker free background.
- LG Ultrawide 34UC97 – A great all-rounder that is good for games, movies and work. Featuring a curved screen and spectacular contrast and colour reproduction.
- Philips Brilliance BDM3490UC – 34-inch screen with a 21:9 curved display, this screen is perfect to watch movies on and work from home.
- Philips 258B6QJEB – If you are looking for a 25-inch screen that is compact enough to fit neatly onto your desk but with great image quality, this very reasonably priced Philips is the one for you!
- Samsung UD970 – With its 31.5 screen, colour accuracy and its ability to rotate between landscape and portrait, this Samsung LCD screen is ideal for digital designers and videographers.
- Acer S27HK – A 27-inch screen with a bezel-less design, this Acer makes for a pretty visually appealing addition to your desktop. Also a great appendage to a multi-screen set up.
- Viewsonic VP2772 – A good value, no nonsense, hassle free monitor with great picture quality, and a 27-inch bezel-less screen design. The bread and butter of LCD screens!
- Dell Ultrasharp UP2414Q – In the world of LCD desktop screens, this Dell is advanced in terms of operating systems and GPU and the price reflects this, however the screen size comes in pretty small at just 24-inches.
- BenQ BL242OU – Marketed for business rather than pleasure, this compact 24-inch screen has an incredibly sharp picture and an energy saving feature.