Pneumatics are found within a wide variety of systems and use the energy stored in compressed air to carry out work. Pneumatic components can be found in circuits and utilise symbols to aid individuals in identifying each separate system piece. When working with pneumatic systems it is important that each symbol is understood by the individual, helping to avoid accidents, and ensure that the system works at its most efficient.
There are several sectors of business that use pneumatics within vital pieces of manufacturing equipment. Consequently, there are multiple types of cylinders and valves to support such diverse machinery.
Single-acting cylinders with a three port valve use the compressed air stored to push a piston out, whilst a spring is used to push it back in again, forming a continuous cycle of movement. A single acing cylinder is commonly controlled by a simple switch type component which governs air flow, named a three port valve.
Individuals will find that certain types of machinery require double-acting cylinders which are controlled by five port valves. When using machinery that requires pneumatic components, it is important to ensure you have a fully operational control valve in place, should you ever need to slow down the exhaust air.
Further to this, certain pneumatically operated systems include time delay circuit equipment. As the name suggests, time delay equipment provides a pause between the operation of a valve and the action of a piston. In order to generate such a calculated break between the action and movement of a piece of machinery, a unidirectional-flow control valve needs to be connected to a reservoir where air will slowly build, causing the pressure inside to rise until it reaches a certain limit that will eventually cause the valve to operate.
LCD screens, standing for liquid crystal display, can improve all aspects of computing and viewing content, both in the home and in public. The main benefit of LCD screens in public advertising is that it can reach a wider audience, it is more likely to catch people’s eyes with moving digital designs rather than traditional poster style paper billboards. You may see LCD advertising screens in city centers, warehouse signage, and bus stops etc. These can be in many different locations and cities, but accessed and updated from one control center.
LCD screens in the home can improve your entertainment and recreational activities a great deal. By having a high resolution screen at home you can;
- increase the quality of the video games you play
- watch films, television and sport in high definition
- have the latest technology at your fingertips if you work from home
- LCD screens have the latest technology such as touchscreens and curved screens
If you are thinking of investing in an LCD screen and need a little help choosing, we have put together a list of some of our favorites on the market at the minute;
- Acer Predator X34 – Perfect for gaming with a 34-inch screen, ultra-wide 21:9 accuracy ratio and perfect colour precision.
- BenQ BL2710PT – Marketed at CAD and CAM experts and professionals, this monitor is reasonably priced and features include a flicker free background.
- LG Ultrawide 34UC97 – A great all-rounder that is good for games, movies and work. Featuring a curved screen and spectacular contrast and colour reproduction.
- Philips Brilliance BDM3490UC – 34-inch screen with a 21:9 curved display, this screen is perfect to watch movies on and work from home.
- Philips 258B6QJEB – If you are looking for a 25-inch screen that is compact enough to fit neatly onto your desk but with great image quality, this very reasonably priced Philips is the one for you!
- Samsung UD970 – With its 31.5 screen, colour accuracy and its ability to rotate between landscape and portrait, this Samsung LCD screen is ideal for digital designers and videographers.
- Acer S27HK – A 27-inch screen with a bezel-less design, this Acer makes for a pretty visually appealing addition to your desktop. Also a great appendage to a multi-screen set up.
- Viewsonic VP2772 – A good value, no nonsense, hassle free monitor with great picture quality, and a 27-inch bezel-less screen design. The bread and butter of LCD screens!
- Dell Ultrasharp UP2414Q – In the world of LCD desktop screens, this Dell is advanced in terms of operating systems and GPU and the price reflects this, however the screen size comes in pretty small at just 24-inches.
- BenQ BL242OU – Marketed for business rather than pleasure, this compact 24-inch screen has an incredibly sharp picture and an energy saving feature.